1. Susin J., Kmecl V., Gregorcic A., 2006. A survey of nitrate and nitrite content of fruit and vegetables grown in Slovenia during 1996-2002. Food Addit Contam. 23(4), 385-390.
2. Gangolli S.D., Van der Brandt P.A., Feron V.J., Janzowski C., Koeman J.H., Speijers G.J.A., 1994. Assessment: Nitrate, nitrite and N-nitroso compounds. European Journal of Pharmacology. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology Section. 292,1-38.
3. d’El-Rei J., Cunha A.R., Trindade M., Neves M.F., 2016. Beneficial effects of dietary nitrate on endothelial function and blood pressure levels. Int J Hypertens. 1–6.
4. Dusdieker L.B., Gatchell J.P., Liarakos T.M., Hausler W.J., Dungy C.L., 1994. Nitrate in baby foods. Adding to the nitrate mosaic. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 148(5), 490–494.
5. Walker R., 1990. Nitrates, nitrites and N-nitrosocompounds: a review of the occurrence in food and diet and the toxicological implications. Food Addit Contam. 7, 717–768.
6. Qiu W., Wang Z., Haung C., Chen B., Yang R., 2014. Nitrate accumulation in leafy vegetables and its relationship with water. J Soil Sci Plant Nutr. 14(4), 761–768.
7. Saeedifar F., Ziarati P., Ramezan Y., 2014. Nitrate and heavy metal contents in eggplant (Solanum melongena) cultivated in the farmlands in the farmlands in the south of Tehran-Iran. Int J Farming Allied Sci. 3(1), 60–65.
8. Bondonno C.P., Liu A.H., Croft K.D., Ward N.C., Puddey I.B., Woodman R.J., Hodgson J.M., 2015. Short-term effects of a high nitrate diet on nitrate metabolism in healthy individuals. Nutrients. 7, 1906–1915.
9. Yeganeh M., Bazargan K., 2016. Human health risks arising from nitrate in potatoes consumed in Iran and calculation nitrate critical value using risk assessment study. Hum Ecol Risk Ass. 22(3), 817–824.
10. Bahadoran Z., Mirmiran P., Ghasemi A., Kabir A., Azizi F., Hadaegh F., 2016. Is dietary nitrate/nitrite exposure a risk factor for development of thyroid abnormality? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Nitric Oxide. 47, 65-76.
11. WHO. Nitrate and nitrite in drinking-water: Background document for development of WHO Guidelines for Drinking-water Quality. World Health Organization. 2003. Retrived May 21, 2014 from: http :// www. who.int /water _sanitation _health /dwq/chemicals/nitratenitrite2ndadd.pdf
12. Katan M.B., 2009. Nitrate in food: harmful or healthy? Am J Clin Nutr. 90, 11–12.
13. Santamaria P., Elia A., Serio F., Todaro E., 1999. A survey of nitrate and oxalate content in fresh vegetables. J Sci Food Agric. 79, 1882-1888.
14. Hord N.G., Tang Y., Bryan N.S., 2009. Food sources of nitrates and nitrites: the physiologic context for potential health benefits. Am J Clin Nutr. 90, 1-10.
15. Reinik M., Tamme T., Roasto M., 2009. Naturally Occurring Nitrates and Nitrites in Foods. In Gilbert, G., Şenyuva H.Z (Eds.), Bioactive compounds in foods, Oxford, United Kingdom: Blackwell Publishing Ltd. pp. 225-253.
16. Chilvers C., Inskip H., Caygill C., 1984. A survey of dietary nitrate in well-water users. Int J Epidemiol, 13, 324–331.
17. Himeno M., Ishibashi T., Nakano S., Furuya K., Kigoshi T., Uchida K
., Nishio M
.A., 2003. Practical procedure for achieving a steady state of NOx concentration in plasma: with special reference to the NOx content of Japanese daily food. Tohoku J Exp Med. 199, 95-110.
18. Raczuk J., Wadas W., Głozak K., 2014. Nitrates and nitrites in selected vegetables purchased at supermarkets in Siedlce, Poland. Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig. 65(1), 15-20.
19. Mahmood A., Malik R.N., 2014. Human health risk assessment of heavy metals via consumption of contaminated vegetables collected from different irrigation sources in Lahore, Pakistan. Arabian J Chem. 7(1), 91-99.
20. USEPA. 2000. Risk-based concentration table. Office of Health and Environmental Assessment, Washington DC, USA.
21. Singh J.P., 1988. A rapid method for determination of nitrate in soil and plant extract. Plant Soil 110, 137–139.
22. USEPA 1989. Risk Assessment Guidance for Superfund. Human Health Evaluation Manual Part A. EPA/540/1-89/002, Office of Health and Environmental Assessment, Washington, DC, USA.
23. Yeganeh M., Afyuni M., Khoshgoftarmanesh A.H., Khodakarami L., Amini M., Soffyanian A.R., Schulin R., 2013. Mapping of human health risks arising from soil nickel and mercury contamination. J Hazard Mater. 244, 225–239.
24. Aghili F., Khoshgoftarmanesh A.H., Afyuni M., Schulin R., 2009. Health risks of heavy metals through consumption of greenhouse vegetables grown in central Iran. Hum. Ecol Risk Ass. 15, 999–1015.
25. Roohani N., 2012. Human zinc nutrition in arid regions with zinc deficiency in soils and crops-a case (Ph.D. thesis). ETH Zurich University.
26. Mohammadifard N., Omidvar N., Rad A.H., 2006. Does fruit and vegetable intake differ in adult females and males in Isfahan? Arya J. 1, 193–201.
27. Chavoshi E., Afyuni M., Hajabbasi M.A., Khoshgoftarmanesh A.H., Abbaspour K.C., Shariatmadari H., Mirghafari N., 2011. Health risk assessment of fluoride exposure in soil, plants, and water at Isfahan. Iran Hum Ecol Risk Ass. 17(2), 414–430.
29. Welch R.M., 2003. Farming for nutritious foods: Agricultural technologies for improved human health. IFA-FAO Agricultural Conference on Global Food Security and the Role of Sustainable Fertilization. Rome, Italy.
30. Ziarati P., Arbabi-Bidgoli S., 2014. Investigation of Cooking Method on Nitrate and Nitrite Contents in Crops and Vegetables and Assess the Associatied Health Risk. International Journal of Plant, Animal and Environmental Sciences. 4(2), 46-50.
S., Khoshgoftarmanesh A.H., Malakouti M.J., 2018. Potential health impacts from different vegetable nitrate intake scenarios and providing strategies to manage the risks for Iranian population. Environ Sci Pollut Res. 25, 25432–25442.
32. Jafari R., Azizzadeh A., Farzan A., 2001. Nitrate and Nitrite concentration in vegetables growing around Isfahan city. Journal of Research in Medical Science. 6(2), 35-44.
33. Tamme T., Reinik M., Roasto M., Juhkam K., Tenno T., Kiis A., 2006. Nitrates and nitrites in vegetables and vegetable-based products and their intakes by the Estonian population. Food Addit Contam. 23(4), 355–61.
34. Hmelak Gorenjak A., Cencič A., 2013. Nitrate in vegetables and their impact on human health. A review. Acta alimentaria. 42(2), 158–72.
35. Pirsaheb M., Rahimian S., Pasdar Y., 2012. Nitrite and Nitrate content of fruits and vegetables in Kermanshah. Journal of Kermansha University of Medical Sciences. 16(1), 76-83.
M., 1989. Nitrate accumulation in vegetables and its relationship to quality. Ann Appl Biol. 115(3), 553 – 561.
37. Schjoerring J.K., Husted S., Mack G., Mattsson M., 2002. The regulation of ammonium translocation in plants. Journal of Experimental Botany. 53 (370), 883–890.
38. Miranzadeh Mahabadi H., Ramroudi M., Asgharipour M., Rahmani H., Afyuni M., 2020. Assessment of heavy metals contamination and the risk of target hazard quotient in some vegetables in Isfahan. Pollut. 6(1), 69-78.
39. Mehrabi Z., Eshghizadeh H.R., Nematpour A., 2017. Evaluation of nitrate concentration in soil, groundwater and potato tubers on different farm size levels in Fereidan city of Isfahan. JWSS-Isfahan University of Technology. 21(1), 1–12.
40. Agriculture ministry of Iran., 2017. Iranian agricultural statistics.